DYNAMIC LOAD PLANNING WITH AXLE-WEIGHT
Load Planning is central to any outbound distribution operation. Syntelic’s dynamic load planning solution ensures that every load is built to meet your business rules and that trailers are fully utilized without exceeding axle-weight limitations.
HOW IT WORKS
Syntelic automatically creates trailer load plans and printed load diagrams for a wave of orders using best in-class load planning logic. No manual intervention is needed since Syntelic dynamically selects the right trailer size and maps pallets to positions automatically.
Syntelic builds individual pallets based on your business rules. The load plan drives warehouse selection. For example, you can ship a full pallet, pick by layers, or pick by eaches. Syntelic follows any rules that might be needed regarding different-sized pallets, containers, totes, or even special equipment, as well as how products should be palletized to avoid product damage or product-related regulations.
Syntelic builds a load diagram based on your most important optimization factors. For some companies, delivery sequencing is a key factor. For others, axle weight balancing is most important.Syntelic can evaluate multiple loads simultaneously, to logically select the right mix of pallets of varying densities, to fully utilize a trailer without exceeding axle weight limits and to balance the weight of a load for compliance for stability in transit.
Load planners benefit from Syntelic’s automated performance. Once Syntelic calculates a wave of load plans, using a summary view the load planner can verify that the plans fall within expected utilization parameters for total cases, cubes, pallets, and axle weights. Visualizations alert the planner to any exceptions or tight loads that merit a closer look. It is easy for the planner to drill down on individual load diagrams and make any desired changes quickly and easily.
Load plans can be adjusted if needed without having to trigger a resend of orders out of a WMS or ERP system should the warehouse need to modify an order.
Benefits of Syntelic
- Reduces time spent creating load maps for every route. Printed diagrams can replace time consuming manual load planning methods such as hand-drawn graphs and spreadsheets.
- Reduces loading time, because Syntelic load maps eliminate the need to consolidate pallets on the loading dock.
- Less over, short and damaged goods since cases are not re-handled on the loading dock and drivers do not have to shuffle cases around in delivering orders. Reduced damage from shifting loads in transit due to even pallet heights on the truck.
- Meets axle weight limit to reduce overweight fines, eliminates labor costs associated with weighing every truck in the yard, and avoids the costs in time and labor involved in having to return to the loading dock.
- Reduces training time for load planners and loaders and minimizes the risk that a “key employee” is out sick.
- More efficient driver deliveries. When drivers have printed, legible load maps in hand, they know exactly what sits on each pallet as it comes off the truck. Drivers eliminate any time spent hunting for products among pallets to verify deliveries because the contents of every pallet position are clearly accounted for. They unload more quickly and reduce out-of-route time.